WP Tithely: Online Giving for WordPress
WP Tithely is a WordPress plugin to help Churches and other organisations easily integrate online giving to their website through Tithe.ly.
Tithe.ly offers a range of ways for churches to take donations – one of which is through the installation of a donation button.
This WordPress plugin allows for the easy installation (through WordPress shortcode or Sidebar Widget) of the donation button for WordPress users who already have a Tithe.ly account set up.
Get the Plugin
- Download the plugin from the WordPress plugin repository.
wp-tithely.php to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Sign up for your church’s Tithely account at https://tithe.ly/ and note your ‘Church ID’
- Enter your ‘Church ID’ and some default text for your give button in the settings (Settings > Tithely Options).
How Do I Insert My Button?
There are two ways you can insert your button.
- Insert the WP Tithely Widget into one of your sidebars. You can insert your Church ID and the text you would like the button to display.
- You can insert the button into your page or post content using the shortcode [tithely]. it will use the Church ID and Button Text defined in the options unless you include a new phrase for the button text like: [tithely button_text=”Donate Now”].
We Recommend an SSL Certificate
Whilst Tithely processes payments securely – we recommend you only use the give button on a page that is protected with SSL encryption. It’s pretty cheap to add and usually costs around $30-50 a year depending on the service. Talk to your hosting provider to find out more details.
Get the Plugin